The Cannes Film Festival (French: le Festival international du film de Cannes or simply le Festival de Cannes), founded in 1939, is one of the world’s oldest, most influential and prestigious film festivals. The private festival is held annually (usually in the month of May) at the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, in the resort town of Cannes, in the south of France.
The week of May 15 to 26, 2013
The 66th annual Cannes Film Festival is scheduled to take placed in Cannes, France from 15 to 26 May 2013. It is due to be the biggest yet as Steven Spielberg has been announced as the head of the jury for the main competition and New Zealand film director Jane Campion has been announced as the head of the jury for the Cinéfondation and Short Film sections.
To add to the excitement Leonardo di Caprio will appear at Cannes for the first time in six years when his latest film kicks off the festival in May.
Always at the forefront of the film world and red carpet access, we are delighted to be directly involved with this years’ festival. As such we have an array of tickets and passes to all the official hospitality tents, cocktail parties and VIP areas.
We have a host of screening options available; including this year’s Opening Ceremony & Screening of ‘The Great Gatsby’ with Leonardo di Caprio and directed by Buz Luhrmann. Tickets held include Balcony, Corbeille (stalls), Orchestra and after party. Please be aware that balcony tickets are free seating and we advise clients to arrive early on the red carpet to ensure good seats within the venue.
As well as passes to the official festival cocktail parties with a host of passes to the uber-exclusive private parties including Chopard, deGrisogono, and amfAR Gala & Party.
SOME HIGHLIGHT EVENTS INCLUDE:
Cannes: L’Oreal dinner party
- Beauty brand is expected to host dinner party celebrating its continuing partnership with the Cannes Film Festival, with ambassadors including Jane Fonda, Cheryl Cole and Eva Longoria often making an appearance on the Croisette.
Cannes: The Chopard Trophy
- Awards ceremony honoring the best up-and-coming actors. Last year’s winners were Shailene Woodley and Ezra Miller, while Sean Penn presented the awards.
Wednesday 15 May 2013 66th Cannes International Film Festival: Opening Ceremony
- Opening ceremony of this year’s Cannes Film Festival. A filmmaker is honored with the Palme d’Or to recognize their body of work. Opening film follows. Berenice Bejo hosted last year. Eva Longoria, Diane Kruger and Jessica Chastain attended last year.
Sunday 19 May 2013: Cannes: IWC Filmmakers dinner and party
- Watch company hosts strictly invitation only party celebrating this year’s Cannes Film Festival, and the filmmakers who have made their way to the South of France coast. Robert De Niro, Cate Blanchett, Bradley Cooper, Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts are among those who have been invited.
Tuesday 21 May 2013: Cannes: Chopard party
- Luxury jewelry brand throws annual bash at Cannes. Last year’s event was a ‘mystery’ evening, with the location kept a secret even from guests.
Tuesday 21 May 2013: Cannes: de Grisogono’s private dinner party
- Annual Cannes party hosted by luxury jewelry brand. DJ Julio Santo Domingo, Naomi Watts and Taoi Cruz attended last year. Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc, Boulevard JF Kennedy, Cannes, BP 29-06601, France
Sunday 26 May 2013: 66th Cannes International Film Festival – Palme d’Or Award
- Jane Campion, heads jury to pick winners at the ceremony where this year’s Cannes Film Festival awards are announced. Last year, Amour (Love) by Michael Haneke won the coveted Palme d’Or and Mads Mikkelsen won the award for best actor for his performance in The Hunt. The best actress award was shared between Cosmina Stratan and Cristina Flutur for their roles as best friends in Beyond the Hills.
- We are heavily involved with a short film showing this year at the festival. As such we have a number of cast and crew passes. These give you access to all areas for the full week of the festival. The passes give you access to all official areas, cocktail parties (excluding the private ones), short films and a number of backstage cast and crew areas.
- The options and details for this year’s Opening Ceremony & Screening at the Cannes Film Festival are as follows:
- Corbeille (Stalls)
- After Party
- All prices are per person, subject to availability and change. A minimum of 2 tickets apply for premiere bookings.
Please note that we currently have a limited number of tickets available. Just like in previous years, the Balcony tickets come with free seating. We therefore advise an early arrival at the Red Carpet to assure good seats within the venue.
Opening Ceremony tickets include a car pick up in Cannes and Red Carpet drop off at the Palais de Festival.
The itinerary for the Opening Ceremony, as well as the After Party venue, still need to be confirmed. Traditionally the After Party venue is in walking distance from the Palais de Festival.
Only a few parties have been announced, however, these are the big ones and we hold tickets to them. Dates TBA.
- amfAR Gala & Party (Supporter ticket / Patron ticket – preferred seating)
Topic: Cannes Film Festival Tickets